The five-day gastronomic trail, Culinary Art India 2015 bid adieu with a gala award ceremony on March 14, 2015 at Pragati Maidan in the capital. The competition saw 300 chefs participating and showcasing the best of their skills and talent in cooking and presentation of the food. The award ceremony was graced by the Chief Guest, Mr. J S Deepak, CMD, ITPO and known faces from the culinary world.Organised by Indian Culinary Forum in association with Hospitality First & ITPO, the event has been specially created to recognize the excellence of culinary skills in India. With an objective to establish a professional platform where culinary professional could display their individual and combined skills, creative talent, learn, share experiences, partner and network in a purely business like and competitive environment, the event saw the presence of many who’s who of culinary fraternity. The five-day trail included competition in 16 categories which was judged by WACS (World Association of Chefs Societies) certified chefs and renowned food critics. Out of many prestigious awards, Radisson Blu, MBD Hotel, Noida bagged 26 medals which include 5 Gold, 9 Silver and 12 Bronze while Mohd Asif, Corporate Chef, Radisson Blu, MBD Hotel, Noida was awarded with the Most Outstanding Pastry Chef.
Talking about the success of the ceremony, Chef Vivek Saggar, Organizing Secretary, Culinary Art India, 2015 said, “We are delighted to have such platform that brings in chefs and food lovers from all over India. All the competitions of the five-day event have been carefully judged to celebrate the success and hard work of wining chefs. CAI also gives young chefs an opportunity to come up with new and innovative ideas.”
The gold winning chefs in difference categories are –
- Shambhu Prasad, Corporate Executive Chef, Radisson Blu, MBD Hotel, Noida, Nitin Sinharia, Ex Sous Chef, Hotel Le Meridien, Mohd. Asif, Corporate Executive Chef, Radisson Blu, MBD Hotel, Noida for Artistic Pastry Show Piece.
- Mukesh Kumar, D.C.D.P. The Imperial Hotel for Fruit & Vegetable Carving.
- Dalvir Singh, D.C.D.P., The Imperial Hotel for Plated Appetizers.
- Anoop Singh, Ex Sous Chef, Hotel Le Meridien; Mahender, Sous Chef, Olive Bar & Kitchen; Ravinder, ITC Sheraton for Petit Fours & Pralines.
- Bhanu Singharia, Ex Sous Chef, Hotel Le Meridien; Mukul Singh, Ex Sous Chef, Hotel Le Meridien; Mohd. Asif, Corporate Executive Chef, Radisson Blu, MBD Hotel, Noida for Three Course Set Dinner Menu.
- Chef Rajan, Executive chef, Radisson Blu, Mahipalpur for Authentic India Regional Cuisine.
- Jeevan, Sous Chef, Olive Bar & Kitchen; Vinay Sehgal, Dramz Whisky Bar; Chef Rajesh Kumar, D.C.D.P. The Imperial Hotel for Live Cooking.
- Surbhy Rauniyar, The Hampsted Cake Studio, Gurgaon for Dress the Cake Live.
- Sumit Saha, Captain Radisson Blu, MBD Hotel, Noida for Mocktails.